Re: turbo swap

>What do you guys think of the New Ported manifold that Dave Compton sells
>from Turbo Tek Toys ( http://www.smartworks.com/turbotektoys/ )...

It is supposed to give 5-7 hp on a stock motor. I bought one from Nick at
Modern Performance, same place Dave gets his from, but have not installed
it yet, but it sure looks cool and is much bigger than the stock manifold.

The $600 ATR header is supposed to bring "up to" 22hp but that is with
their exhaust and downpipe already installed.  I have also heard that you
need to wrap the header with insulation so that you don't melt the spark
plug wires.

If it were me looking to upgrade, I would buy the ported exhaust manifold
and save the extra money and invest it in a bigger/better Turbo.

Chris Roth
98 SVT Contour -Black
86 SVO Mustang -Silver Metallic
85 SVO Mustang -Bright Red