Re: SVO: Re: Steve, Unstable gauges

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997 SVO85HALF@aol.com wrote:

> Steve,
> When you added the unstable gauges statement in you discription of problems
> with the fuel guage, I thought VOLTAGE STABLIZER.   These units (back of the
> instument pod) seem to go bad often.   I think it's design to keep voltage at
> 10/12V in the face of Hi Rpm charging and current surge.  I went out to my
> shop
> to get a part # for you but only had take-off instrument pods.   Did notice a
> "green
> paint dob" on it so it's SVO specfic.  I've gotten good at changing them out
> without disconecting the speedo-but you may want to get the pod in hand for a
> first time attempt.   Becareful with the film
> Mark

Mark,

>From the Ford EVTM for 86 Mustang/Capri, page 49:

"With the Ignition Switch in ACCY or RUN, the Instrument Voltage Regulator
suplies a pulsating output voltage to power the gages {mis-spelled in
text}  The output (5.0 volts average) operates the Fuel, Coolant and Oil
Pressure Gages{sp}." {empahasis deleted}

The part number is DIAZ-10804-A, and it's the same as practically every
Ford with guages...they all use the same voltage to run the guages, and
often the same movements -- only the face or the screenprinting is
different.

You the buy/sell guru -- me the parts guru. :)

Talk to you later,
Joe

BTW -- you can post this to the list if you like.