Re: SVO: Re: Car died

MMondrone@aol.com wrote:

> OK guys and gals, I need help. My car just stopped running like someone
> turned off the key. I had replaced the distributor, cap and rotor. I also put
> in a new motorsport TFI module. I also went to the trunk and depressed the
> saftey switch. I'm getting gas up to the engine. I seem to be getting no
> spark,. can the coil be checked if I take it off and bring it to a shop? ( I
> put in the new TFI after it stopped running) Is there anything else that I
> might check and has anyone else had this problem? (I don't want to keep
> bugging Nick with this problem). Thanks Mark

Any codes? Pickup coils can also go bad. Coils as well as the pickup can
be checked with a DVOM, the procedure is in the Ford volume H for our
cars, don't remember the exact coil resistances off hand. The pickup
should show a pulsing voltage (set meter on lowest voltage setting) when
the distributor is rotated. This test is best accomplished with the
distributor out of the car.
 John '87 TC