Re: Took the Merk to the track for the baseline..part 1

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Cory Erickson wrote:

> Scott:
>
> I can't believe you didn't update your signature file already! ;)

16fuckin2?????? thats embarassing:)

> Anyone want to start a pool on how long Scott's 5-speed will last in the
> Merk?

hehehehhe..u have to consider negative time frames....Put it this
way...Started driving the car last saturday(like 8 days ago), the tranny
was grinding Sunday(the next day:)  Hows that??  I knew those tranies were
shitty, but that is SHITTY!!!

We all know how Scott and 5-speeds mix. ROFL! (J/K Scott) That's OK
> though, I'm sure you "steal" a T-5 from the U-Pull-It for $20..."What, you
> want $35 for a T-5? Are you crazy? My friend was in here last week and
> bought the shifter off it for $15 already!"

I already have a spare:P  I jus need a shifter and BH for it, and by the
time I buy those two things, I might as well get the whole thing....I am
jus tryiun to see what it will take to get the driveshaft fitted in the
car.  I guess I will be getting the adapter from Mark, but it takes him a
while to make one...

> Flame_Mode.enabled := true;
>
> I curious to see how that thing runs out. I have driven several Merkurs
> and they seemed quick, but not the "250 horse @ rear wheels" or "14.1 ET"
> bone stock variety that Dave and Nick and others chant about on the Merk
> list.

THey say showroom stock they run 14.1? or the loose definition of stoick?

> Cory

	Big intercooler ON!
	T4 Compressor soon to be on!
-85.5 Escort, SOLD!