Re: Took the Merk to the track for the baseline..part 1

> > Anyone want to start a pool on how long Scott's 5-speed will last in the
> > Merk?
>
> hehehehhe..u have to consider negative time frames....Put it this
> way...Started driving the car last saturday(like 8 days ago), the tranny
> was grinding Sunday(the next day:)  Hows that??  I knew those tranies were
> shitty, but that is SHITTY!!!

Wow Scott, that's pretty funny :)

> We all know how Scott and 5-speeds mix. ROFL! (J/K Scott) That's OK
> > though, I'm sure you "steal" a T-5 from the U-Pull-It for $20..."What, you
> > want $35 for a T-5? Are you crazy? My friend was in here last week and
> > bought the shifter off it for $15 already!"
> >
> I already have a spare:P  I jus need a shifter and BH for it, and by the
> time I buy those two things, I might as well get the whole thing....I am
> jus tryiun to see what it will take to get the driveshaft fitted in the
> car.  I guess I will be getting the adapter from Mark, but it takes him a
> while to make one...

I have a bellhousing if you need one.

> > and they seemed quick, but not the "250 horse @ rear wheels" or "14.1 ET"
> > bone stock variety that Dave and Nick and others chant about on the Merk
> > list.
> >
> THey say showroom stock they run 14.1? or the loose definition of stoick?

Didn't you hear about Dave Compton and Nick's little escapade to the local
dynojet a year ago? They brought in a bone stock Merkur with only Nick's
downpipe and a K&N cone (they claim) and it turned 250 horse at the rear
wheels @ 20psi of boost (no intercooler). It was on the Merk list. Ask
Dave about it...

The trick is, you need to be an imperial wizard guru :)

Cory