Re: Ssssssmokin'!!...my .02

Scott:

First you should try to determine what kind of smoke it is. It definitely
sounds like a vacuum related problem. I would definitely look in the
intake track for traces of oil (breather/PCV/turbo). I really don't think
burnt anti-freeze would burn your eyes. I would guess it would be the stem
seals. Have you done the highway coasting trick? Also, if it were the
exhaust seal of the turbo, you would see it more than just under a
negative load (like off idle).

As far as the intake gasket goes, if it wasn't sealing right I'm sure you
would notice it at 18PSI. There's a lot of distance between the water and
middle two intake ports...If it were an issue of burnt antifreeze, I would
suspect the head gasket.

Hope this helps,

Cory