Re: Ssssssmokin'!!...my .02

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Cory Erickson wrote:

> Scott:
>
> First you should try to determine what kind of smoke it is. It definitely
> sounds like a vacuum related problem. I would definitely look in the
> intake track for traces of oil (breather/PCV/turbo).

definatly not......like i said, I have no breathers/pcv on the car...
and the smoke is whitish.

> seals. Have you done the highway coasting trick?

tell me more. I hav eno idea what you are tlakin about, but if I go down
the hiway, and let off the gas with it in gear, it blows smoke like a
mother fucker for aobut 30 seconds.

Also, if it were the
> exhaust seal of the turbo, you would see it more than just under a
> negative load (like off idle).

yep...

> As far as the intake gasket goes, if it wasn't sealing right I'm sure you
> would notice it at 18PSI. There's a lot of distance between the water and
> middle two intake ports...If it were an issue of burnt antifreeze, I would
> suspect the head gasket.

I dont think its a head gasket, because its smokin at the absolute
lightest load of all.....the reason I was thinkin intake gasket was
becasue lettiong the foot off the gas with the motor still in gear creates
the highest vacuum of all...

	Big intercooler ON!
	T4 Compressor soon to be on!
-85.5 Escort, SOLD!