SVO: Vortech Aftercooler

Speaking of all of this intercooling and aftercooling...

The Typhoon system is a unique air to water intercooler.  Aparently, the
vehicle acts like it is non-intercooled, until a certain engine
temperature.  When that temperature is reached, say 200F, the "seperate
water cooler" begins to go to work.  I do not believe this piece is part of
the cooling system, per say, because it uses seperate fluid and mechanics.
The only down side to this operation, is that when the engine hits 200F,
the fans come on, and cool the engine down again, thus, stopping the
operation of the water cooler.  Now, this is why all the guys racing the
Typhoons and Cyclones quickly defeat this system in the early stages of
modifications.

This system, in its stock form, is not much better than our air to air
systems, save the terrible placement of our interheaters, IMHO.

Regarding this Vortech Aftercooler on the Tiny Avenger...

I can't believe that anyone would even ponder spending $1500 to gain .25 or
similar in the quarter mile.  Just like everyone is saying, and I will
perpetuate, use ice on the throttle body and intercooler before your run,
and you will do well.  Just don't idle for more than 3 minutes after
removing the ice or your gonna suffer from heat-soak.

Brian