SVO: Headlights

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to locate it.
The problem is these damn blasted plastic headlights on my TC. The
problem is that the lenses are fogged over.  I tried looking for glass
replacements at one point but don't even know if they exist.  I took the
headlights out and tried to clear them up with a lime deposit/hard water
stain remover (CLR) to no avail.  So I've been living with them for a
long time now and have come to the conclusion that they are just plain
dangerous.  My beams look very hazy and don't project as far and the fog
lights are brigther.  This is getting bad.  Any ideas for a cure?  Glass
headlamps anyone?  What about brighter bulbs?  (rather not melt my
headlights though)  Thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers,

Chris