SVO: Knock sensor???

List,

	What's the deal with unpluging the knock sensor.  I've heard of a
lot of people doing this on the dyno and the strip.  Is it safe on
the street?
	Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the sensor picks up knocking it cuts
the timing back, right?
 	I haven't had a chance to play with my fuel pressure yet (just put in
a 155) but in third gear, the car feels like it hits a wall.  It will still
pull to redline, but surges.  Is it leaning out and knocking?  Which is
the plug for the sensor (it's an '86)?
	I'm running a k&n, TCIC, motorsport cam, 3" downpipe, 2.5" flows, and
18  psi.  Any suggestions on a fuel pressure setting?  What's the best
way to dial in fuel pressure on the street?

Thanks,
Sam
85&86 SVOs