Re: Huh?

Cory Erickson wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, joseph edward morgan wrote:
> >With our system the pressure drop acrooss the outlet of the meter is
> >reduced from about 1 psi to less then 1/4
> > psi. This along with the other advantages will help you make
> >more power over the modifications you have done.

> Since when do you experience pressure across the vane? Vacuum maybe...he
> should put it in real world terms :)

I don't like the exact way he worded it (pressure drop across the meter
makes sense, pressure drop across the OUTLET does not), but I consider
pressure drop to be a standard "real world" term.  After all, people
talk about flow rates at 28" H2O all the time, and that's a pressure
drop term.

> I understand he must have been testing it on a flowbench of some kind (or
> just making the numbers up...), but how realistic are his results? What
> kind of pressure was he trying to force through the vane?

IF he actually tested it, he "forced" 1 psi of pressure through the vane.
That's a weird way of wording it, though.

The question is, what cfm of flow was that at?  Any time a fluid such as
air moves, it's because the place where it started was at higher pressure
than the place where went to...that's the pressure drop.  If there were
no pressure drop, nothing would flow.