SVO: XR racing, and downpipes...

>Except, that experience shows that it works.  And what is "much"?  7-10 HP?
> Tell that to people who spend $200 on a ignition that gets em 2 maybe 3
>horsepower.

>There must be more at work here, than theories can explain.
>
>Dave

Dave,

Don't forget that a 3" downpipe will hold a lot more volume.  This will
allow considerably gas to compress in the down pipe section, so the intial
spin-up time should be more responsive.  Also, there will be a small
theoretical gain just from having less restriction in the length of the 3"
downpipe.

These are just two physical attributes of the larger pipe.  I'm not a
physicist, so there are probably more reasons.  Maybe I'll ask my lass,
she's a physicist.

Monty
86-712-1