Re: SVO: XR racing, and downpipes...

Ok, I've been quiet so far.

Here is my *opinion* with some *facts* (arguable) to back it up.

I had run quite a few tests with a G-Tech, always set at a car weight of
3100#, always used 2nd gear to run the test and my best ever HP reading was
197HP, the car is an XR with a few mods but most importantly a Borla
downpipe(2 1/2"), stock cat and Borla dual exhaust.  I bolted on a MP 3"
downpipe and ran my first and only recorded run with just the pipe change
and got 203HP.

Seat-of-pants, it did feel different, the boost *seemed* to hit at lower
RPMs.

Ok to be fair the tests were done on different days so weather may have been
a factor, but it was not colder out for sure the day of the 203 run, and I
had never gotten better than 197HP ever (yes I did run it more than once
before), and now got a 203. AND the car felt better so *in my opinion* with
*my combination* the 3" MP downpipe was an improvement.  I can't say what
the difference between a stock down pipe and a 3" but theory aside I noticed
a difference going from a mandrel Borla to the MP 3".

Ric-