Re: SVO: XR racing, and downpipes...

Why all the talk about exhaust systems ? The rule of thumb for any
turbocharged car is to put on the biggest, most free flowing exhaust system
your ears and pocketbook can handle.
I replaced the aftermarket 2.5in system in my 85, with a custom 3in mandrel
bent.....all the way out the back. BIG increase in power.
I installed a 3in downpipe in my 86 and bolted it up to my stock Y pipe and
factory mufflers. There was an increase in power........but not nearly as
dramatic as going all the way out the back with 3in.
When I have the extra cash, i'm going to finish the 86 with 3in single all
the way out.
Asphault Jungle Racing makes 3in mandrel bent pieces to go over the axle,
along with 3in LX style tailpipe............but you have to take it to a
muffler shop and have them make it fit.........NO WAY is the weekend mechanic
going to make it fit