Re: SVO: Firewall adjustable clutch kit and quadrant

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Dave Compton wrote:

> > Im not sure *exactly* what everyone is talkin aobut here, but on my 79
> > Mustang, it had no quadrant.  it had a peg at the top of the pedal, and a
>
> In 81 Ford went to the self adjusting (HAH) quadrant pawl arrangement.
> Look in your Merkur, Scott, ya got one in there...

I know waht a quadrant is:)  My Escort, SHO and yes, my Merk all have/had
them...and I knew the Stangs got them too, but alot of people dont know
that the early stangs had the firewall adjustable one.  A local speed shop
was sellin the conversion stuff for like 200 bux(CHAAA, RITE!) to put the
old stuff on a late model, cuz all the late model guys never seen it
before..