SVO: Exhaust systems and downpipes

Rapido claim's that the Borla dual exhaust is good for upto 20hp over stock.
They claim that the single exhaust is good for upto 10hp over stock. Ric has
found a 6 hp gain over the Borla 2.5'' downpipewith our 3'' downpipe. Ken
Shultz made made 213 hp  with our level two exhaust system, 3'' downpipe, 2
1/2'' hi-flow cat, 2 1/2'' cat back. In our testing when you remove the dual
2'' tail pipes from the back of the Borla muffler you have faster turbo spool
up [ more lowend torque] and more total power. Point is the dual Borla is not
as good as a single 2 1/2'' system. The single Borla, keeps the stock
downpipe. It is a 2 1/2'' cat back system add a 3'' downpipe to this set-up
and you have a much better system. With the claims we have here, if  you do
the math you find some interesting  hp numbers.
Better cat back system on a stock car is good for upto 10 hp.
2 1/2'' downpipe is good for upto 10 hp
3'' downpipe is good for upto 16 hp, withn a better cat back set-up
a 3'' downpipe and hi-flow cat is good for upto 26 hp.
The hp gains with the 3'' downpipe is only half the story. Hp by itself means
nothing in the street. The hp power gains are great to have, but the real
gain is in the turbo response. Faster turbo response mean more lowend torque.
This is what moves the car faster, and this is why every 2.3 turbo needs a
3'' downpipe. Even if you only make 1hp more by going to a 3'' downpipe, the
greater lowend torque is worth much more then the cost of the downpipe. Like
I said before, theories and charts are great to look at , but sometimes they
should be kept for bathroom reading only. You can spend days and nites doing
all the math you want. Or you can build the products and do the testings.
Sometimes you find gains and sometime you do not, you try to learn  why it
did not work and make changes. The facts are if something works it works. If
you do not like why it works then that is you right to question the why. But
you can not question the facts, and the facts are that the 3'' downpipe on
even a stock works well. We do not sell a downpipe for the SVO so I am not
trying to make a sale, other companies do sell them and they have proven to
work just as well as our Merkur downpipe. Thank you and everyone please have
a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Later....Nick