Re: Best core motor year

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Cory Erickson wrote:

> What is the concensus on the best year motor to get when looking for a
> core? My vote is for either the '87-'88 TC for the hardened head and late
> manifolds (although the turbo isn't necessarily as desireable as the
> Garrett).

	I would choose the IHI turbo because it is water cooled. THe
Garrett is only oil cooled, which is why you could used to set your watch
to them going out at about 60k miles........ The IHI turbo is somewhat
smaller too- less lag -but the Garrett has a higher top end. I heard once
of someone putting the two together though....

Bryan Berndt                                            bryanb@montana.com
Internet Connect Services                http://people.montana.com/~bryanb
                       1988 ThunderBird Turbo Coupe
                "Get In, Sit Down, Shut Up, and Hang On!"