Re: SVO: Tail Lights

At 10:31 AM 12/2/97 -0500, Sly, Dennis wrote:
>This may be not be new, but did anyone notice that the 1993 cobra in
>Dec. MM&FF (pg. 148) has the same taillights as our SVO's. Is this
>normal?
>
>Dennis.
>84 SVO, Silver

Actually it's just the lens that is the same....some time after 1986 (it
may have been 1987 but I'm not sure) they changed the actual housing,
bulbs, and bulb sockets.

Keep in mind that I also heard recently that these taillight lenses might
be in limited supply soon as SVT only built 10,000 Cobras and didn't plan
on supplying everybody and his brother who decided they looked cool.

Which reminds me, I may have gotten on this soapbox before, but I will ask
those of you selling or trading parts (and that includes just about all of
us) to try to sell SVO-specific parts (especially those trim parts that are
hard to find -- but some engine parts may apply here as well) to those SVO
owners who actually need it for their SVO -- I feel that it is a shame to
sacrifice a living SVO so that some LX or GT can have a "cool" part.

Jim Dvorak
(Temporarily Offline Until Next Week) http://www.mustangsvo.org ***
http://www.fordcarclubs.org