Re: SVO - svo Digest - V01 #35

In NorCal, the Shelby Club and NASA run open track days that aren't
much different.  When I ran my '86 at a Shelby event at Thuderhill a
few years back, I wanted (a) more horsepower and (b) a roll cage.  Lot
of fun though.

ttfn,
-dB

--- Begin Message ---
Bud Morton posted:
>I went to Atlanta this weekend for an open track event going on at Road
>Atlanta. It's called 'Track Days' and is put on by some guys who rent
>the track for the day (4 times a year). 3 groups are offered..touring
>beginners: 70mph, no helmet, no passing, passengers allowed, in car
>instrutor, intermedient: 85mph (yeah right), snell 90 helmet required,
>track exp required, passing allowed, no passengers allowed, in car
>instrutor.
(snippage)

Well, I'm about green with envy.  Far as I know, no such thing ever
happens in Calif. , which has declined from being the fast car capital of
the world to being the "rice boy " capitol of the world.

Brian

--- End Message ---