Re: Race SVO's

At 04:46 PM 12/2/97 -0500, RaceSVO@aol.com wrote:
>Was there any factory built SVO's for race?  If so, how were they equiped
>differently then off the showroom floor?  I understand there were Comp Prep
>which was basically stereo delete, no power, and some insulation removed for
>weight.  But was there any that were seriously setup to race from the
>factory?

Race,

I believe Neil Chirico can expand on this, but 1982 or so there was a white
prototype (basically SVO drivetrain, no cosmetics) that ran at Nelson
Ledges. I believe it was driven by a team that included John Dinkel of Road
& Track.

And as Neil mentioned before, there was a 1984 Comp Prep (possibly the only
"official" 1984 Comp. Prep. car) made for the MAC Tools racing team.

These are the only factory SVOs I know about. Anyone else with info?

Jim Dvorak
(Temporarily Offline Until Next Week) http://www.mustangsvo.org ***
http://www.fordcarclubs.org