Re: Need help selecting a turbo

Forget nick and his 900 dollar turbo of unknown trim...And stay away from
the E....call turbonetics, and for between 200 and 250 you can get the
parts to make a S trim T4 on a stock center section..Seal plates are like
30 bux, compressor housing is like 120, and the wheel is about 80....do
the math.  Thats whats different, and if you pay 900 for it your throwing
money away.
Shops that dont specailize in turbos but jus the cars they are installed
on love how vague turbo specs are.  Let me tell ya, there is no such thing
as a Garret Stage II turbo upgrade.  Its all stuff from Turbonetics
usually, that a certian vendor likes and buys, puts it together and marks
it up usually over 100%.  I am always amazed at what places that work on
the car can get for the stuff.