Re: SVO: roller cam?

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 08:49:21 -0500 (EST) Mp23cc@aol.com writes:
>Well you can look at it this way. You can buy a cheeper camshaft ALONE
>then
>our $680.00 camshaft kit, but then you get a camshaft that makes alot
>less
>power, does not idle good, and has no lowend torque. Then you still
>need to
>buy all the other stuff like, springs, retainers, keepers, seals, lash
>caps,rockers, and so on.
>Look at it any way you want, or you can look at it this way. The Ford
>roller
>camshaft is cheep and just like  5.0 parts and they both have the same
>thing
>in common, they do not work good in our turbo motors.

or you can see it from anyones point of view. How many cams for Street
cars have you seen that cost this much? I have seen none, and when you
boil it all down its just a Pice of steel, and it probably costs like
$50-90 bux to make the actually cam. I have heard of Suppy and Demand but
this is outrageous. maybe someone canback me up on this? anyone?

ExtremeSVO
Charcoal Grey '86 SVO which needs a paint job bad!
2 Chambered Flowmasters, 2 1/2" Mac Tail pipes(Is it me or does MAC SUCK)