Re: SVO: roller cam?

At 11:54 PM 12/3/97 -0700, extremesvo@juno.com wrote:
>or you can see it from anyones point of view. How many cams for Street
>cars have you seen that cost this much? I have seen none, and when you
>boil it all down its just a Pice of steel, and it probably costs like
>$50-90 bux to make the actually cam. I have heard of Suppy and Demand but
>this is outrageous. maybe someone canback me up on this? anyone?
>
>ExtremeSVO
>Charcoal Grey '86 SVO which needs a paint job bad!
>2 Chambered Flowmasters, 2 1/2" Mac Tail pipes(Is it me or does MAC SUCK)

(Soap Box Time...)

Extreme, et. al.

Please excuse my abrasiveness, but I'm sick you you and other guys (and you
probably know who you are) who are not looking at the big picture in
regards to a lot of topics, including this one.

Think about it ... (or should I say "Pull your head out")

The price in question is all-inclusive -- A cam in a kit form that
includes, roller camshaft, lifters, roller rockers, springs, retainers,
keepers, lash caps, seals. It's not your average garbage cam you can buy at
Pep Boys for $50. It is a roller cam conversion kit.

This is a quality piece developed by someone who does A LOT of 2.3 motors,
and has a LOT of very dedicated and happy customers who are members and
Chapter Directors in the SVO Owners Association (including myself).
AAlthough I have not yet ordered a cam, I am saving my money for one,
instead of whining about the price which is what you're doing.

It may not be the answer to everybody's needs, but then again it may be.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. But for heaven's sake, don't bash it
based on price alone! And certainly don't compare apples to oranges.

One thing I look at is who have you heard that DOESN'T like this cam, or
DOESN'T like the parts and service of a particular vendor. I think we can
come up with many vendors who get bashed for one reason or another ... and
often quite justifiably. This vendor, I trust and hear only good things
about from trusted friends.

Think about it.

I step off my Soap Box. Thank you.

P.S. In my opinion MAC "doesn't suck"

Jim Dvorak

BACK ONLINE!: http://www.mustangsvo.org  ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org
(If you can't reach it, your DNS servers are updated frequently and you
should be able to reach it soon!)