Re: SVO: Help - Fuel Pressure Problem

At 05:52 AM 12/5/97 -0800, Neil G. Chirico wrote:
>Brian,
> It sounds like you are on the right track,the fuel pressure sould be at
>about 40 P.S.I. at idle and go to about 60 P.S.I. under boost conditions,
>and then after shutting off the engine remain at about 30 P.S.I..The other
>cause may be the fuel pressure regulator, which may not be doing its
>job.Also don't forget the 84 has 2 fuel pumps,one in the tank and one on
>the frame with the fuel filter, check both.Good Luck.
>                                       Neil

Brian,

Neil and I talked about it, and it could also possibly be the Fuel Pump
Circuit Resistor Control Switch? If problems start at boost, try bypassing
the switch with a jumper -- it's near the master cylinder and has a thin
black vacuum tube going in one end, and a two-wire harness at the other.
It's about the size of a 35mm film case, wrapped in a black rubber booty.

Perhaps you should check voltage under boost (it should increase to 12-15v
or so); or bypass this switch with a jumper and test drivability.

Jim Dvorak

BACK ONLINE!: http://www.mustangsvo.org  ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org
(If you can't reach it, your DNS servers are updated frequently and you
should be able to reach it soon!)