Re: SVO - svo Digest - V01 #43

Gripe Gripe gripe....

You have access to information, technology and product because people
like Nick take the initiative to develop components that the majority of
us can not develop by ourselves.

I work for a company that develops engine components.  In fact we
develop engine components and conduct airflow engineering for
turbocharged engines for people like Ford SVO and a number of European
GT-1 teams that run Ford engines.  WE ARE REALLY EXPENSIVE BECAUSE IT
TAKES LOTS OF TIME AND MONEY TO DO THE JOB PROPERLY.

Despite my access to very attractive purchasing relationships, I know
that Nicks (or steves or Esslingers) experience with real world products
is much more likely to be correct than what i could develop as a first
effort.  I AM GRATEFUL TO VENDORS WHO HAVE SPENT YEARS AND CUBIC DOLLARS
ON THE ENGINEERING TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT.  When you beat them up for
their prices, you remove their incentive to help us, and potentially
force them, and their products, out of an already puny market.  You
ultimately wind up with no option but to develop and manufacture
components yourself or pay someone else to do it.

Show a little respect for the investments these vendors have made to
service your market, and more of them will be around to do so.

PS how many of you have avoided 600 bucks worth of foolish mistakes by
way of advice provided by 'overpriced' vendors.

ps i have a confession...93 cobra, 89 merkur, 88 lx convt, 85 svo, 89
ASEDAN car, 89 Dually crewcab/trailer and 55 Ford Motorsport storage
bins (you know the cheesy plastic ones that break constantly)full of
misc V-8 race engine parts and an unbelievable assortment of old oil
coolers and radiators full of exploded engine parts