Re: Nick's Horsepower rating

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Chris Roth wrote:

> Holly cow, I wish I could use Nick numbers to explain my horsepower!!
>
> > Ken had a white 1988 XR4TI,
> > 5-speed with about 85,000 mile on it. My 2 1/2'' hi-flow exhaust,
> > cleaned stock 35 lbs injectors, 85.5 SVO VAF and EEC. Turbo was set
> > to 20psi and he used 100 octane street gas. He made 258 hp, I think
> > it was 219 hp at the rear wheel. Why is it hard to understand? He
> > ran 14.10s @ 98 mph, with stock tires.

Chris,

Did you notice that he's claiming nearly 80% efficiency for a
non-intercooled motor, that's running a stock turbo at nearly twice the
boost level where it's at it's peak efficiency?

That must be some cam, eh? ;)  I only wish we could do one that would earn
us an exemption from all the laws of thermodynamics...

Talk to you later,
Joe
*thumbing through my new ETS catalog*