Re: SVO: Rice Boy wings..

In a message dated 97-12-07 14:06:59 EST, briankk@aimnet.com writes:

<<
 Ahem..
 ahh, I think the rice boys have the point on this one.  Most of the trunk
 decorations hiding down by the rear windows of  late model cars are just
 ballast.  A real wing has to reach the moving air above the car to work,
 and that leaves the Plymoth Superbird, the Cosworth Sierra, and some of
 the rice boys as the oly ones whos "wings" may actually do something
 other than supporting the third taillight.

 Brian

This is true but first the car must attain speeds worthy of flight! The
superbird,  and cosworth sierra qualify. But I dont think the rice boys do,
granted some do go fast for what they are but I doubt the structural integrity
of the mile high wing would hold up if the car actually took flight.

Paul (CCA Pres.)