ATTN engineers (not directly SVO related)

List,

	I know that a couple of you guys out there are engineers and
hoped that you could maybe answer a few questions for me.  This isn't
derectly SVO/tech related, and I apologize for that.

	The motorsport catalog lists the HD alum driveshaft as "...3.5 inch
diameter, 0.114" wall thickness, 6061-RT62 aluminum seamless drawn tube."

	Is the '6061-RT62' portion of the description the numerical
description of the alloy (just as T304 is a type of stainless steel)?
Does anybody know the composition of this alloy?  What would be another
material suitable for a driveshaft other than steel (must be lighter and
stronger)?  Any acceptable composites?  Costs?

	The motorsport driveshaft is drawn.  What is the typical
manufacturing process for a steel piece?  Rolled and welded/fused, extrusion?

Thanks in advance,
Sam
85&86 SVOs