SVO: Header VS. Ported manifold?

   Ok guys...let's forget about the $$ and the cost difference and soley
concentrate one aspect between the header (ETS/ATR) and a ported late model
stock exhuast manifold.   Which one dominates?  Is there a great difference
between the header and manifold.  Besides the CFM rate,  I've heard the header
provides awsome (1800rpm) spool up, something I believe the manifold can't do.
If the tooth (2.3li?) fairy asked you to choose to have one or the other and
knowing what you know, which one would you pick?

-Eric
'86 SVO