SVO: Shifters

Well last night out in the middle of bumblefu*** (Bug Bug knows what I
mean) I was pulling away from a Stop sign and decided to hammer it and
shift hard into second, nice 2nd gear spin at 15psi.  I shifted to third an
smack, my knuckles hit the dash board with shifter in hand. Oops, wrong
place to break down.

Luckily I had a screwgun and crecent wench in the car and was able to pull
the console and shifter boot to find that I had sheared one of the shifter
bolts.  I was able nurse it back to my parents house and installed my old
shifter off of my 89 5.0.

My SVO shifter was trashed where it pivots in the plate. Is there any way
to rebuild the SVO unit?

The 5.0 shifter has a nylon pivot bearing that made the car shift really
nice and have a nice feel to the tranny.  I will pick up more of these in
Phoenix with new bearings for my other SVO.

Another bonus is that the Motorsport leather shifter knob will fit on this
stick giving the stock look back to the shifter assembly.

Chris Roth
98 SVT Contour -Black
86 SVO Mustang -Silver Metallic
85 SVO Mustang -Bright Red