Re: SVO: Shifters

Chris Roth wrote:

> Luckily I had a screwgun and crecent wench in the car and was able to pull
> the console and shifter boot to find that I had sheared one of the shifter
> bolts.

This happens to me about once every three years.  I keep extra bolts
in the toolbox just for it.  I had a friend with an 85 GT who had
the same thing happen to him.  I assume it's really common...?

> My SVO shifter was trashed where it pivots in the plate. Is there any way
> to rebuild the SVO unit?

Trashed from going past the point it was supposed to, or just general
wear?  I haven't any any problems that just putting new bolts in didn't
solve.