Re: ATTN engineers (not directly SVO related)

>> Does anybody know the composition of this alloy?  What would be another
>> material suitable for a driveshaft other than steel (must be lighter and
>> stronger)?  Any acceptable composites?  Costs?

I agree with Scott on this, it is 6061-T6 which is suitable for
driveshafts.  When I owned my 5.0, I continously bend my stock steel
driveshaft, so I ordered the aluminum one did not have any problems after
that.  The tube is bigger in diameter but does still fit in the FMS
driveshaft loop.

The New Camaros and Vettes have Carbon-fiber/composite driveshafts which
are cool but you cannot repair/modify them like you can with the steel unit.

Chris Roth
98 SVT Contour -Black
86 SVO Mustang -Silver Metallic
85 SVO Mustang -Bright Red