SVO: blatherings...

Cams - I *think* Joe went from the big FMS roller to Crane Commander to
Engle and went faster at each step. Hopefully he will say if I got it right
or wrong.  When I was researching the cams, I asked everybody I could find
with a different cam.  I'm pretty sure I got some response from Joe that
made me believe that the FMS rollers were a waste of time.

Don't forget that the dyno results show not much improvement over the stock
later (D) cam.  The assumption I made about the dyno results are on my web
site.  Basically I think the car was flow limited with stock head, intake
and exhaust manifold.  I would like to discuss it if anybody has a
differing opinion.

Shifters - My 87 GT shifter bolts, BOTH broke on the easiest of grandma
driving shift at 39Kmiles.  The Ford bolts suck.  At that time I put ball
bearing races, to act as spacers between the stick and the stub of the
shifter.  Since then I shifted it mercilessly for another 50KMiles, and
then put the stick on the SVO last spring.  STILL no problems.  I cannot
understand how people bend those forks.  I know it happens, but I shift
fast and hard, and have never hurt a T-5.  Course, none of my cars makes
500 HP, but still...

Dave
http://www.SmartWorx.com/Listserver