SVO: Adjusting the base iginition timing

Hello everyone,

I purchased an '86 SVO recently and have a question about adjusting the
initial base timing. The idle on this car has always been a little rough
and I'm wondering if the timing is off a little. Is the initial base
timing adjustable ??

I had the timing belt changed last week and the car still idles a little
rough, has pretty good acelleration but pings a fair amount (even with
93 grade gas) when I get on it. I think the timing may be off a little,
am I right to assume this ??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary Weideman
'86 white Comp. Prep