Re: ATTN engineers (not directly SVO related)

In a message dated 97-12-08 14:13:17 EST, caroth@holly.colostate.edu writes:

<<
 I agree with Scott on this, it is 6061-T6 which is suitable for
 driveshafts.  When I owned my 5.0, I continously bend my stock steel
 driveshaft, so I ordered the aluminum one did not have any problems after
 that.  The tube is bigger in diameter but does still fit in the FMS
 driveshaft loop.

Just in case anyone is interested, I put the motorsport aluminum driveshaft in
my SVO when I started getting a vibration from the front yoke wearing
out(rubber insulator dry rotting). It made an unbelievable difference, I got
rid of vibrations I didn't even know I had. You will need to make sure you
have exhaust clearance though. I knew I would be putting one in and had my
exhaust guy leave room for it.

Paul (CCA Pres.)