Re: SVO: Adjusting the base iginition timing

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Weideman, Gary wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I purchased an '86 SVO recently and have a question about adjusting the
> initial base timing. The idle on this car has always been a little rough
> and I'm wondering if the timing is off a little. Is the initial base
> timing adjustable ??

Follow that harness from your distubutor. Somewhere there is a yellow wire
with a connector in it. Some look like an inline fuse holder, some look
like a jumper plug.  Remove the jumper or disconnect.
Run the car and set the timing to 10 degs btdc, and reconnect or put the
plug back in.