SVO: Knocking...help!

List,

	What am I doing wrong here?  I can't seem to get my 86 SVO to
stop knocking under high boost.  It idles and revs fine, but under full
boost/throttle in any gear it bucks and pings like crazy.  This summer I
was willing to play it off as South Texas heat taking its toll or
rattles setting off the knock sensor, but today it's 50 degrees outside and
I can hear it knocking.

	I've got the basic mods: 3" downpipe, flows, k&n in stock box,
155 in tank pump, adj fuel pres reg, stock replacement turbo, stock head
with small Motorsport cam (I know I'll catch hell for that but it ran
fine after it was installed...plan to go with the engle at the next
rebuild), oh yeah, and a TCIC.  Other than that, its got a new TFI, brass
terminal cap and rotors, new TPS, Bosch Plat plugs, 8mm wires, 8
degrees BTDC, and I always run 93 octane with the switch to premium.  I
know the factory boost gauge is junk, but I can usually get the buzzer to
go off...so I assume it's running about 17-18 psi.  I don't have a bleed
valve or T-valve to adjust boost so this seems a little high.

	My questions:  What is the correct diameter and length for the
two lines that run from the compressor outlet and inlet elbow to the,
taking an educated guess here, boost control valve/solenoid on the strut
tower?

	Next, what is the stock fuel pressure?  I've set mine to 43lbs/40lbs
running.  Is this to high/low?  I've had it as high as 52lbs/49lbs
running and it still knocks.  Also I'm using the valve on the fuel rail
not the firewall to check it.  Is this right?

	Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
85 & sick86 SVOs