SVO: Modern Performance

To Joe and Cory,

You guys are like a couple of children, all you do is critisize and complain
about the hard work of others, but offer no solutions or help yourself.

Over the last year or more i have done extensive engine modifications to my
1988 Turbo Coupe. I have listened to the claims of many parts suppliers and so
called experts, most of which turned out to be just plain 1/2 truths to sell
product. Once they have your money, tough luck.

I don't often post to the list because self appointed "experts" like
yourselves spend incredible amounts of energy telling people what they have
DONE.....can't be done ....with often very flawed logic and a mind set that
believes there is only ONE way to do something.

I have a fair amount of engineering experience being the Engineering Manager
for a large automotive co for quite a few years......i have all the
develpoment engineers and analitical engineers reporting to me.  These groups
represent the pure theoretial MIT  brillant types and the hands on cut and try
hardware types. The cut and try guys are ALWAYS doing things the pure
theoretial guys, with all the computer modeling and Finite Element Modeling
say can't be done. The new engineers learn very quickly from me....not to tell
me something that has been done...can't be done...They better reinvent their
theory and figure out why It IS being done. (There is a big lesson here for
all the young engineering students.....next books and pure theory is a far cry
from the real world of engineering)

The other big lesson to learn is there are often MANY ways to get to the same
place.

Don't get me wrong, to question and debate things is great, everyone learns in
the process and people will ALWAYS have differing OPIONS....this is a good
thing and keeps us all objective.

But what i have seen at times is an attitude of aggressive attacks on a
someone who has contributed immensely and with a very high level of integrity
to our  common passion of the 2.3L turbo engine.

My experience with Nick has been nothing short of STELLAR. The products he has
sold me have done exactly what he said they would....and when I had any
problems or needed advice or instructions on something, he has always been
available and more than willing to help, and 99% of the time his advice was
right on the mark.

I have compared in my own car the stock cam....runs out of power about
5000Erpm...the ETS roller....poor idle, no low end or mid range but a killer
top end, and Nicks cam...stock like idle, good low and mid range and killer
high top end for as high as u want to go.  (Just like he advertises) And
NO...i don't have dyno numbers or track times...i could't care less about them
really, when the car runs and feels that much stronger by the seat of my
pants....thats what is important to me....and most people who use their cars
as daily drivers on the street.

Even if  dyno numbers were not to show any gain.....I love the way if FEELS.

Why don't one or BOTH of you put YOUR money where YOUR big mouths are. Surely
between the two of you, you can come up with the money........buy one of his
cams and do the tests yourselves....you won't believe the results any other
way anyways.......I wonder....if you are proved WRONG if you will be MEN (have
the manners) enought to admit it and publicly applogize.

Believe me, if I were Nick, my responses to both of you would be FAR less
cordial then his have been.

So who are you children going to pick on and try to drive out of business
next?...I have a few suggestions.....One of them still owes me $600 for a mass
air kit that didn't work and was returned 5 months ago....and the check is in
the mail....again.

Regards, Craig

Sorry this is so long....just couldn't stand by and say nothing.