Re: SVO - svo Digest - V01 #50

On Dec 11,  9:54, Chris  Roth wrote:
> Subject: Re: SVO - svo Digest - V01 #50
> Nick wrote:
>
> >Why dyno the SVO before? We know what it makes from Ford.
>
> Do we?  We know the SAE rated horsepower and torque on a car with 0 miles.
> Is Chris' car a low miled car with stock exhaust and intercoolers, NOT.
>
> >And we know what the same setup made in Chris's car. Both had better then
> >stock exhaust systems. Both have bigger then the stock SVO intercoolers.
> >Is everybody on the list going to dyno his car? I do not think so.
>
> If I was trying to sell a $600 product that is a bolt-on super product then
> I would show a "just before" dyno run.  Then I would install my miracle
> product and prove to everyone actual "known" improvements by a second dyno
> run.
>
> I personally would take a serious look at buying your cam for my upcoming
> rebuild if it produces the big gains you say it does. Show me the horsepower!

I have personally put more Taurus SHO's thru dyno testing then I can remember.
I have a 3 ring binder full of Dynojet plots from various SHO's that run from
bone stock to all levels of modification. Two otherwise identical stock cars,
at the same state of tune, can be as much as 20 HP different and will not
necessarily respond to the same modifications with the same HP improvement.

The _only_ positive way to gauge a modification's effectiveness is to baseline
the car, make the modification, and run it again.

Gary Morrell
gmorrell@ford.com