Re: SVO: Is the Roller a true "bolt-in"

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Dave Compton wrote:

> Man, I take the bait every time...

 ...and I'm here to reel you in...:)

> > etc...oh yeah...different exhaust systems,
> not really, both big enough with 3" downpipes.

One nickel...

> > computers,
> same computers and meters, 86 vintage SVO

Yeah...like every stock '86 SVO runs the same...:)

Another couple of nickels...

> > timing,
> yup, same, set up by the same guy, Ken Schultz.

Neither engine has ever been apart?  Both been blueprinted?  Distributors
indexed?  Heads cc'd?

> > CAM TIMING
> SAME, same cam.

No such thing...unless both have had their valvetrains "blueprinted"...

Big-ol' pile o nickels here!

> > (but then you knew that, right? *wink-wink*), transmissions,
>
> SAME
> really, it's an 86 SVO tranny in Chris' car.

That's one for you...:)

> > axles,
> 3.61 vs. 3.73 one rigid, one floppy :)

There's at least one nickel.

> > brakes...
> one terriffic, one sucks.  Neither matters on a dyno.

Disc vs. drums...it do matter...

Another nickel!

> > If anybody wants to compare notes with him ...913.789.9888...  I haven't
> > quite gotten him to get online yet -- I keep telling him how fun it is,
> > but...:(
>
> Will do. 108 is pretty high, I smell 2 power adders...

Like my dad always used to say, "Must be your upper lip"... I keep
trying to get him to do it, but he won't...

Call him and ask him...really fun guy to talk to...

C-ya

Joe Morgan
*stackin' up nickels...almost got a dollar here already*