SVO: Rough idle still happening

Well I took the pony back where they put on the timing belt and had them
check the timing again, it was off (at 20 degrees BTD !). They reset it
to 10 degrees BTD and that helped a decent amount but the idle is still
a little rough.

I changed the plugs,cap, wires and rotor all with FOMOCO parts. That
helped a little more but..... the idle is still not rock steady and
missing occasionally at idle.

What's next ?? I've got 29K original miles on the car. The auto tech
scoped the FI pulses and said they look good. He suggested a FI cleaning
if the plugs and wires didn't take care of the problem (which I had not
put on yet when they reset the timing).

I've seen a rough idle cure procedure on the Texas SVO site. Is this my
next step ??

Also I put on a K&N. I removed hose coming from the black box (what is
it ?) underneath the original air cleaner. This box also has what looks
like a vacuum line going into it (?). Now when I shift at a moderate
throttle level I hear a noise when engaging the clutch (sounds like a
faint rattlesnake). Should the inlet on the black box (where the air
cleaner hose attached) be covered and the vacuum line disconnected to
this box ?? Is this what may be causing my rattlesnake ??

Any help is greatly appreciated !!!

Gary Weideman