Re: SVO - svo Digest - V01 #55

Scott Shidel queried:

>> > stuffs more air thru a large hole than a small one in a given time.
>> >
>> What about when the intake is in vaccum, which is 99% of the time in a

Well, jumping well into THIS barrel of worms, it is actually possible to
have ports that are too big, (if ya don't have a blower) the result too
slow air flow and loss of power.  Cure is to keep the flow above, emm,
150 fps I think was the number.  This came to be pretty well understood
by the sixties and you don't see it too often now.  But I have met guys
who actually ported out Cosworth cylinder heads, and suffered the
consequenses.

Brian