Re: SVO: Is the Roller a true "bolt-in"

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:02:19 -0800 (PST) joseph edward morgan
<morgaj01@student.ucr.edu> writes:

>> All Dyno tests are done the same way. The measure real rear wheel hp
>and then
>> they take that number and correct it. This is the standard that is
>used so you
>> can dyno a car on 100 degree day on the left coast and then dyno a
>car on a 10
>> degree day on the right coast. All of this is taken into account and
>the
>> numbers hold true everytime and anywhere.  So if you dyno your car
>you should
>> get two numbers, what it did at the wheels and the corrected hp. The
>corrected
>> number is what you are looking for. Thanks again
>>

>Sorry Nick, but that's incorrect.
>
>Some of the Dynojets (depending on the software) will add a standard
>correction factor for BP, but they do not correct for ambient
>temperature,
>nor do they know (or care) whether the car being run is turbocharged
>or
>not.
>
>Maybe someone else will want to confirm this for me...don't think I'm
>going out on a limb here...a drop in ambient temperature of say...
>50-60
>degrees...just *might* make a teensy-weensy bit of difference...
>
>I could check with the Weather Channel to see what the average
>temperature
>is for late December in Northern Virginia, but I'm almost positive
>that
>it's quite a bit cooler than it is in the summer...
>
>*raising his arms to get the crowd to say it one more time*
>
>That's why you need to test it before.
>
>*motioning to the crowd to take their seats*
>
>*If* you want a fair and accurate test.
>
>Joe Morgan

can';t get simpler than that... Make a whole lot of sense to me.. ow cxan
you dyno a car  when adding a new mod, when you don;t do a basline Dyno
run first?? not every SVO made 205 HP from the Factory.  plus all the
mods that are already on the car, plus the weather. yes eather does
matter I live in Arizona and it gets up to 120 out side, and when it
does, i can tell you my car runs hot as hell.

ExtremeSVO
Charcoal Grey '86 SVO which needs a paint job bad!
2 Chambered Flowmasters, 2 1/2" Mac Tail pipes(Is it me or does MAC SUCK)