Re: SVO: Blow-off valve

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 17:59:04 -0500 "Carl Haines" <carlh@anadigi.com>
writes:
>I'm thinking about adding a blow-off valve but I was wondering if this
>worth
>the trouble.  I have no disposable income right now so I have plenty
>of time
>to think/dream about what parts I can add when I do have some money to
>burn
>a hole in my pocket.

if you want a blow of valve i would suggest looking at WWW.dsm.com and
gettting a used BOV from there in the buy and sell  section..

>Is there an easy way to add one to a SVO w/ stock IC, TB, etc without
>drilling a hole in the IC.

I know of 1 guy that put a blow of valve on the stock SVO setup, i dunno
how he did it but if you are interested E-mail me and i'll send you his
address.. i am trying to get him back on the list.

>For those people who use a blow-off, is there a noticeable
>improvement?

i heard there is.. Ecpiaclly with the Spearco.

>Does using a blow-off cause any problems with the EEC?  Like the TB
>and VAM
>not staying within the right range when compared to each other.  Would
>the
>EEC think a fault has occurred?

Someone said that when you use the BOV with the Vane meter it sucks the
vane open when it blows off, but i hear that this doesn;t happen..

ExtremeSVO
Charcoal Grey '86 SVO which needs a paint job bad!
2 Chambered Flowmasters, 2 1/2" Mac Tail pipes(Is it me or does MAC SUCK)