SVO: Re:Crushing cars with construction equipment

In a message dated 97-12-13 19:38:35 EST, BugBug@net-thing.net writes:

<< Tow truck?  I got an easier way (and it's ALOT more fun too).  At
 the truck yard where I store my stuff, they have a Trojan loader.  This
 puppy stands about 30' tall w/ 8' tall tires.  I just fire that puppy up,
 use the 1500 lb forks to smash the roof down and then play Bigfoot!  I
 turned an old Subaru wagon into a 2' thick pancake in a few minutes.  It's
 more fun than digging for Lamont.  You guys gotta try it.  We just dump the
 crunched cars on a flatbed trailer and take `em away.
                                                 Bug Bug

That would be fine but I think the Maryland and Virginia State Police would
have a problem with me driving something like that around the beltway with a
car loaded on the front.
Years ago I worked for a Concrete construction company as a mechanic(while in
college) At the time I had an 81 Firebird Formula as a daily driver and bought
a Trans Am with a 400 for parts(you know where the 400 was going, that 301
sucks) anyway, I parted it out at the shop and when done torched the Trans am
into 2 pieces and then drove over it repeatedly with a Mustang(Same as a
bobcat diff maker) ,Poetic justice huh? I think to this day(7 years later) the
mashed up T/A is still in the scrap pile out in back of the shop. We didn't
have any real heavy equipment that would crush it like a bug but the small
forklift and many Loaders(Mustangs and Prime Movers) were fun to crush with
=).

Paul (CCA Pres.)