Re: 2.3 Ford Strokers

Shawn M Meyer wrote:

> Carl,
>         I talked to you awhile back about putting together a Ford 2.3L turbo
> for a garden tractor pulling application.  Well, low and behold, a 2.3L
> turbo with an extra turbo fell in our laps.  It is in town and for sale for
> around $250.  It is missing the exhaust manifold to the turbo, but I am
> hoping the local salvage yards will have one.  I assume that this is a good
> price, isn't it?

Sounds like it.  There are a few issues related to which year it is
(the newer, the better), but they're all pretty similar.  Do you know
what it came out of?

> Anyway, I have misplaced the document that you attached
> last time.  Do you still have it and can you send it too me again?

Sure, it was still attached to this message ;-).

>   We are
> probably going to sell the Pontiac Iron Duke and build another Ford.  We
> already have a Ford 2000, and most of the setup came from Racer Walsh.  It
> is always competitive and usually wins on a good grabbing track when
> horsepower is needed.  Any extra information would be appreciated and I
> would like to Thank You in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Shawn Meyer

I'm going to cc: this to the 2.3 turbo performance list, so hopefully
you'll get some input from those more knowledgeable than me.  Anyone
that want's to give Shawn a hand, please drop him a line.  Here's
the message that I attached last time, courtesy of Joe Morgan: