Re: Cool Vendor

On Mon, Dec 15, 1997 at 03:43:22AM -0500, Scott Shidel... wrote:

> Well,
> It seems that everyone thinks I get off flaming vendors and never post
> anything positive, so here goes..
> Joe has been talkin aobut this guy Mark Covey in Kansas City...I called
> him tonite, talk aobut a cool guy!  He has a non intercooled Merkur
> running 13.2's, on a radial! And for those that said Merks dont hook, b.s,
> he gets hi 1.9s on stock size Falkens....

Mark IS pretty cool.  I met him through a friend out there who has an Merk.  Man
could I tell you some cool racing stories . . .  :)

> Really cool to find a "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" kinda guy, that
> doesnt try to sell you on the newest hype.
> hes got some great ideas that dont break the bank. he was sayin something

Any ya'll looking for someone to work on Fords (especially 2.3 Ford turbos) and
you're in the Kansas City area should give him a call.  He can usually get you a
good deal on most parts.

I'm goin' out there (from St. Louis) hopefully next month to have a T5 put in my
89' Merk that has an automatic right now.  I'm driving the 220 miles each way
because I know that he knows what he's doing (already done a dozen or more T5
conversions).

> aopbut seein if he could get a company that makes locker style diffs for
> like every car under the sun, to get some for the merks....Screw Quaiffe,
> hes talkin like 300 bux....
> you guys ought to give him a call and talk him into getting on!

Yes, do this.  I've been bugging him about it for nearly a year now.

> mark...913.789.9888

> Scott
> -71 Pinto, stock 2.3 turbo, 13.67@98, radials
> 	8.1@85 1/8th mile on slicks
> 	Big intercooler ON!
> 	T4 Compressor soon to be on!
>
> -85 Merkur, let the modding begin!

Nathan Oelger
89' XR auto, bone stock, . . . not for long
oelger@macross.umsl.edu