Re: Info Needed on SVO specs.

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997 22:29:25 +0000 "Chris Roth"
<caroth@holly.colostate.edu> writes:
>I measured all of my wheels backspacing from the mounting hub to the
>outer back lip and the SVO wheels were 5 13/16" (probably 5 3/4"
>nominal) with a 7" wheel width.

you sure? i could have sworn a a book said that backspacing was 5.95 or
5.85? even so does .10 +/- even matter?

>My 94-97 Mustang GT 16X7.5 and my 94-95 17X8 Mustang GT wheels are
>both 5 3/4" back spacing.  I like the look and the fit of the 16X7.5
>with the 5 3/4" backspacing the best.  There is no need to roll the
>back fenders with these except under very extreme suspension lateral
>travel.  Good luck

i don't think i want to roll the lips. i think 17x8's will fit.what size
tire usually goes on a 8" wide rim? 245? 255? and also since going to a
bigger 17" inch rim, doesn't the series of the tire need to go down to 45
to maintain the same outer diameter of the whole wheel?

> I also am in the design stage of the Volvo 740 intercooler install,
>it will fit in front of the radiator/AC stuff!

can;t wait to see how it turns out take some pictures while you are
building it also, you could make it into a How To...
hey do you have after market rims? if not. what style rims do you think
would look good on a SVO? have you seen these rims before:
Enkie Wung Guns
Steeda BBS style
Saleen wire mesh
or the racing tuners(kinda look like the Steeda's.

ExtremeSVO
Charcoal Grey '86 SVO which needs a paint job bad!
2 Chambered Flowmasters, 2 1/2" Mac Tail pipes(Is it me or does MAC SUCK)