Re: SVO: Valve noise fixed!(Unless your using stock valves ona MP 500 lift cam, then its jus beginning)

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, joseph edward morgan wrote:

> Well, Nick-o...
>
> Maybe you can explain to the folks out there how you can possibly get
> .505" of lift when there is only .611" minus .140" (for the seal), which
> equals .471" -- and that's where it contacts the seal and/or guide.
>
> C'mon -- I'm waiting...

Hmmmmmm....gettin out the trusty ole HP......

 .611
-.505
-.140
-----
-.034 of clearance!

Huston, we have a problem(i know I spelt it wrong)

> Do you use a different unit of measurement?

Hmmm..lets try metric...
 15.5194mm
-12.827mm
-3.556mm
--------
-.8636 mm...sorry still have impact

How bout yards....

.016977 yards
-.0140277 yards
-.003888 yards
------------
-.000944 yards...Nope, it still bangs.....

hmmmm....
How bout mils.....
nope, your still 34 mil in the hole...

Ummmm, fathoms?

nope, -.0004722 fathoms

Miles???

Still .0000005366 miles too little clearance..actually, thats how much the
retainer bops the seal with...

I dunno...I still come up with impact in any scale....

> Do the stock heads in New jersey have a different guide than the heads in
> California?

No, they are bigger though, on some.....

> Does your kit come with a nifty "Modern Performance Valve Guide
> Installation Tool", which allows guides to be changed without removing the
> head?

Yeah, it looks like a hole saw...it cuts the old guide away, using the
valve to locate the center of the circle...then you yound the new insert
in.

> Does the kit come with some nifty two-piece valves -- so you can change
> the valves in the car?

Nah, thats absurd!

> C'mon...explain it if you can.  Maybe you ought to by a dial
> indicator...thay come in pretty handy for spotting liars.

Like who??