Re: SVO: Valve noise fixed!

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, joseph edward morgan wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Mp23cc wrote:
>
> > Like I keep telling you Joey, we have the only true bolt in roller camshaft
> > kit. Maybe you cannot make it work but we have for years. Good luck
> >
> Quote from above: "...we have the only true bolt in roller camshaft kit."
>
>  And if you bolt it into a
> stock car, it won't eat the guides. (Like yours will)

Maybe the way he runs the cam on a stock head is by sinking the valves in
the head a bit to get the extra clearance..How do you do that without
removing the head you ask? Simple...
Once the springs are removed, get some of your favorite lapping compound,
and squirt it into the ports onto the backside of the valve..Jiggle the
valve up and down a bit to get the lapping compound all over the face.
Get your favorite high speed 1/4" drill, lock the chuck to the valve stem,
and whirr away.
I think there are look up charts where you can look up your drill's rpm
rating to find the amount of time required to grind.. that way you dont
have to do trivial things like check clearances..Jus make sure you have
plenty of lapping compound!
(tongue way in cheek)